The Ontario Universities’ Fair (OUF) began in 1997 as a way to help high school students gather information about Ontario’s universities.
Today, the OUF gives you an opportunity to talk to representatives from Ontario universities about programs, campus life and anything else that may help you make a decision about which Ontario university to choose.
Each university has its own booth, staffed with representatives who can answer your questions and provide additional materials about programs, admission requirements and student life.
The OUF draws thousands of students, parents, guardians, supporters and educators over the 2-day event.
The OUF is organized by a steering committee that includes members from the Ontario University Registrars’ Association (OURA), Ontario’s universities, and the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).
Environmental Sustainability Initiatives
The OUF is committed to environmental sustainability and supports the use of green, carbon-free, renewable energy in an effort to help reduce its overall environmental footprint. With the help of Bullfrog Power, the OUF is powered with 100% green electricity, which is injected onto the local grid to match the amount of electricity used during the OUF.
Bullfrog Power is a renewable energy provider that offers sustainable green electricity, generated exclusively from wind and hydro facilities that have been certified as low impact under Environment Canada’s EcoLogo program.
Other environmental initiatives implemented at the OUF:
- FSC-certified paper used in many of the publications distributed at the event
- Recycling boxes provided and used throughout the event
- A re-usable OUF bag for collecting university brochures and booklets
- Links to TTC, UP Express and GO Transit added to event websites to encourage public transit
- Schools are encouraged to order sustainable giveaways
- Contact information collected digitally, instead of paper forms that were used at some university booths